Tuesday 18 May 2010

Time is Ticking

Ahhhgghh! No idea why I decided that this morning would be a good time to update the blog for the first time in months. Really I should be switching of the Internet and barricading myself into a small, dark room with a pen and a notebook. There is now just under a month left until I have to deliver a 55,000 word manuscript and there's still sooooo much to do.

The research has been great and I'm really enjoying writing the book - it's just so much work to complete in such a short space of time. My office is strewn with library books, printouts, notes and an unseemly number of discarded coffee cups and biscuit wrappers. I've set myself a daily word target and am vainly attempting to stick to it.

The completed (but only half edited) novel has not just taken a back seat, it's been left behind at the rest stop and will have to stay there until paid work is taken care of.

Right, back to it!

No comments: